Send a Child to School in 2009!

Written by Harsh Jegadeesan on 1:16 PM

This New Year I am running the Times of India Bangalore midnight half marathon (January 10, 2009) to support a millennium goal - Universal Primary Education in India.

Join me in sending a child to school in 2009!

Running a marathon is both physically and mentally demanding, especially when one is not in good shape .. like myself! So you might ask why am I doing this? I am doing this because I feel so strongly about the cause, about educating a child. This gives me the required mental strength to attempt the half marathon.

I, like so many of you, have had the very good fortune to be educated by my parents. Our parents put us through good schools and for so many of us Right to 'Good' Education was a given! Education has empowered me, it has enabled me to make a honorable living, so is the case with most of you. Let's do our bit, let's educate a child in 2009!

My goal is to send a 100 children to school in 2009!

I will not be able to do this alone, I need your support! If each of us pledge to send a child to school in 2009, we would have made a difference! The cost to educate a child through the SOS children's village, India for a whole year is INR 6,000 (USD 120) . Worldwide, SOS villages provide a family atmosphere and long-term care for orphaned and abandoned children.

Let's send a 100 children to school in 2009! Want to send a child to school? Send me an email.

Thanks for your support!
In order to send a child to school, click on the logo:

  1. 0 comments: Responses to “ Send a Child to School in 2009! ”