Volunteer with the UN, work for the Millennium Goals

Written by Harsh Jegadeesan on 3:46 PM

Today I signed up to be a UN Volunteer. I enrolled to be an online volunteer for UN supported development agencies. As an online volunteer I would engage with and strengthen grass routes agencies and international NGOs involved in human development, under the UN mandate, to achieve the millennium development goals (MDGs).

The eight millennium goals have to be achieved by 2015 to counter world's important development challenges. The goals are no doubt audacious, but have to be achieved nevertheless for sustainable human development. I think it is the responsibility of each and every world citizen to contribute to achieve these goals.

I have decided to contribute in my own way to the MDGs. I adopted Goal 2: Achieve Universal Primary Education. I am currently pursuing volunteering opportunities in agencies working on children empowerment through education. I encourage everyone to choose their MDG they would help to achieve and sign-up to volunteer with the UN.

So what's your MDG?

  1. 1 comments: Responses to “ Volunteer with the UN, work for the Millennium Goals ”

  2. By Maggie on January 19, 2009 at 12:23 PM

    Harsha,
    Could you please add the link to UN volunteer site? That would be very helpful.
    -Mahima